From The Desk Of
Veronica Culbertson, president and CEO of the Southwest Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
VERONICA CULBERTSON, who has served as the president and CEO of the Southwest Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for eight years, describes herself as “someone who is always on the go,” working from the early morning hours to late at night, advocating for its 400 members in Charlotte, Collier, Glades, Hendry and Lee counties. That often keeps her out-and-about, but when she is in the office, this desk is where the magic happens.
1. Handicraft of a Mayan Indian from my country, El Salvador.
2. Ceramic cup from Jamaica used to hold pens.
3. Puzzle for my guests’ entertainment.
4. Tile souvenir from former Congressman Connie Mack.
5. Decorative liquor bottle from my visit to Huascarán, a mountain located in the Andes in Peru.
6. Hodges University paperweight commemorating its first president, Terry P. McMahan.
7. Ashtray souvenir from Istanbul, Turkey.
8. Magnifying glass to help read fine print.
9. Priority “to do” paperwork.
10. My lucky water bottle from my last trip to Hawaii.