What’s In Your Bag?
Marla Ottenstein, Naples Premier Professional Organizer, Naples Daily News columnist and owner of Professional Organizer Florida, shares what's in her bag.
MARLA OTTENSTEIN, professional organizer and Naples Daily News columnist is always on the go helping clients get in order by streamlining their finances or arranging their personal spaces. Here’s what she brings with her everywhere.
1. The bag: Louis Vuitton “Neverfull” bag (gift, us.louisvuitton.com): “It was a gift from a client and goes everywhere with me—it’s my traveling office.”
2. Purell wipes and latex gloves ($2, target.com; $9, publix.com): “As an organizer, you come in contact with a lot of different germs.”
3. iPhone 7 Plus with charger cable (starting at $769, amazon.com): “My mobile phone is my library, my reference point—I use it for scheduling and to look up things. A lot of my clients don’t have computers.”
4. Tooth implements (various): “I am fastidious about my teeth and oral hygiene and never leave home without disposable toothbrushes, dental floss, toothpicks and Velamints gum.”
5. Personalized notecards and writing pads (starting at $26 and $49, levenger.com): “I write a to-do list everyday and it’s an important part of who I am. Part of being an organized person is to organize your thoughts.”