Six Southwest Floridians on Billionaires List
Shahid Khan once again comes in as the richest in our area.
Forbes magazine released its annual Billionaires list on Tuesday, and as usual, a few familiar names around Southwest Florida populated the ranks. In all, six Naples or Bonita Springs residents made the illustrious club.
- #217 Shahid Khan of Naples ($7.2 billion): Owner of Flex-N-Gate auto-parts supplier, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham football club
- #404 Reinhold Schmieding of Naples ($4.9 billion): Founder of Arthrex
- #550 Richard Schulze of Bonita Springs ($4 billion): Founder of Best Buy
- #729 Tom Golisano of Naples ($3.2 billion): Founder of payroll firm Paychex, former owner of Buffalo Sabres hockey team
- #1,157 Catherine Lozick of Naples ($2.1 billion): Inherited a 65 percent stake of father's valve-manufacturing company Swagelok
- #1339 William Stone of Naples ($1.89 billion): Founder of SS&C Technologies
See the full list here.