Florida Public Relations Association, Southwest Florida Chapter is hosting FPRA’s annual Nonprofit Day, an opportunity for Southwest Florida’s philanthropic organizations – and those interested in learning more about the area’s charity landscape – to gather and learn from local industry experts on topics to enhance community reach and impact. Nonprofit Day will be held from 8:30 a.m. to noon on, Thursday May 9, 2019 at Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport at Town Center located at 9931 Interstate Commerce Dr., Fort Myers, FL 33913.
This year’s theme, “Cheering for the Home Team,” will focus on providing attendees with usablepractical information on how to build effective strategic alliances for a common goal. Attendees will head back to the office with case studies, takeaways and practical tips on how collaboration and non-monetary resources can be used to improve non-profit PR functions for organizations, while positively impacting the Southwest Florida community we all call home.
Nonprofit Day will incorporate dynamic speakers, a panel featuring examples of some of Southwest Florida’s most successful nonprofit collaborations, and a unique targeted networking opportunity to pair PR professionals with others who share similar goals for their organizations.
Speakers to include:
- Richard Kelly, Chief Operating Officer, Make-A-Wish Southern Florida
- Amanda Beights, IOM, Vice President, Leadership Collier Foundation
- Kara Jeudy, Director of Development and Shannon Hoyt, Director of Program Services, The Salvation Army Fort Myers Area Command
- Chris Wittman, Program Director, Captains for Clean Water
- Nicole Hendra, Executive Director, Dress for Success
Head to https://www.fpraswfl.org/2019-fpra-annual-non-profit-day/
for more information and registration. Price: $30 general admission, $20 for students (includes breakfast)