Photo by Brian Tietz
A native Michigander, Laura moved to Fort Myers with her husband Bruce in 1986. After many years in broadcasting, Laura transitioned into healthcare marketing/communications, first with Nemours Children’s Clinic and then with Lee Health and Hope Hospice.
In her nine years as executive director of RMHC, the Charity has added a Ronald McDonald Family Room at Golisano Children’s Hospital and a second Ronald McDonald Care Mobile.
Before year-end, RMHC is expected to break ground on a major expansion at the Ronald McDonald House.
1. Family Photo—“In my husband, I know true love. In my son, I know pure love.” Surrounded by her two favorite men, Bruce and Sean.
2. Architectural drawings—Plans for a six-bedroom expansion at Ronald McDonald House.
3. Glasses—A necessity because Lord knows she wouldn’t be able to read this magazine without them.
4. Golden Book— Mulan, the theme for the Feb. 15, 2020, Storybook Ball.
5. Phone message from Laura’s dad, dated 11/12/82, is her most cherished possession.