The Naples Children & Education Foundation (NCEF), founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival, unveiled its lineup of world-renowned winemakers and celebrity chefs who will be participating Jan. 28-30 in the 22nd annual Naples Winter Wine Festival at The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Naples. With the theme “Rise Up: Twenty Twenty Twogether,” the 2022 Naples Winter Wine Festival will showcase three days of fine food, wine and auction lots. A lineup of vintners, chefs and master sommeliers hailing from seven countries will set the stage for a weekend of unique, one-of-a-kind wine and culinary experiences.
NCEF will kick off the weekend’s festivities by hosting its annual Meet the Kids Day on Friday morning, Jan. 28, when guests will have a chance to hear from some of the children who have received support from NCEF funds and see how their involvement has positively impacted the community. This year’s Meet the Kids Day luncheon vintners include Sherri & Mark Carter of Carter Cellars in Calistoga, California; and Vanessa & Henry Cornell of Cornell Vineyards in St. Helena, California.
On Friday evening, guests will enjoy one of 17 intimate vintner dinners hosted by NCEF trustees in private homes and landmark settings across Naples where guests will experience beautifully curated multi-course dinners and wine pairings with award-winning chefs and legendary vintners.
This year’s participating vintners include:
· Piero Antinori of Marchesi Antinori in Tuscany, Italy
· Daphne & Bart Araujo of Accendo Cellars in Napa, California
· Kelley & Jim Bailey of Knights Bridge Winery in Calistoga, California
· Laura Catena of Catena Zapata in Mendoza, Argentina
· Eduardo Chadwick of Viñedos Familia Chadwick in Santiago, Chile
· Véronique Drouhin-Boss of Maison Joseph Drouhin in Beaune, France
· Kary & David Duncan of Silver Oak & Twomey Cellars in Napa, California
· Grace Evenstad of Domaine Serene in Dayton, Oregon, and Château de la Crée in Burgundy, France
· Valerie Boyd & Jeff Gargiulo of Gargiulo Vineyards in Oakville, California
· Elisabetta Gnudi of Borgo Scopeto e Caparzo SRL in Montalcino, Italy
· Amanda Harlan of Harlan Estate in Oakville, California
· Ari & Chris Jackson of Lokoya Estate in Oakville, California
· Shahpar & Darioush Khaledi of Darioush in Napa, California
· Olivier Krug of Krug Champagne in Reims, France
· Cliff Lede of Cliff Lede Vineyards in Yountville, California
· Emily & Paul Michael of Peter Michael Winery in Calistoga, California
· Raphaël Reybier of Cos d’Estournel in Saint-Éstephe, France
· The Francis Rooney Family of Bodega 202 in Laguardia, Spain
· Shannon Staglin of Staglin Family Vineyard in Rutherford, California
This year’s list of celebrity chefs includes Chef de Cuisine Nancy Oakes, executive chef/owner of Boulevard in San Francisco. Oakes has earned numerous local, national and international accolades, nominations and awards, including Zagat’s San Francisco Bay Area’s Most Popular Restaurant, the James Beard Foundation Award for “Best Chef: California” (2001) and “Outstanding Restaurant” in the United States (2012) as well as Filiale des États-Unis in France.
Additional participating chefs include:
· Angelo Auriana of Brera Ristorante in Los Angeles, California
· Cassidee Dabney of The Barn at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee
· Dean Fearing of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas, Texas
· Joe Flamm of Rose Mary in Chicago, Illinois
· Carlos Gaytán of Tzuco in Chicago, Illinois
· Jennifer Jasinski of Rioja in Denver, Colorado
· Anne Kearney of Oak & Ola in Tampa, Florida
· Mark Kiffin of The Compound Restaurant in Santa Fe, New Mexico
· Rogan Lechthaler of The Downtown Grocery in Ludlow, Vermont
· Tony Mantuano of Yolan in Nashville, Tennessee
· Michael Mina of Estiatorio Ornos in Aventura, Florida
· Carrie Nahabedian of Brindille in Chicago, Illinois
· Charlie Palmer of Charlie Palmer Steak / Aureole in New York, New York
· Bill Telepan of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, New York
· John Tesar of Knife & Spoon in Orlando, Florida
· Dustin Valette of Valette in Healdsburg, California
“We are excited to have assembled such an incredible lineup of renowned vintners and chefs for the 2022 Naples Winter Wine Festival,” says Shirlene Elkins, 2022 Chef Committee co-chair. “Each of these individuals is a true legend with a solid reputation for excellence in their field.”
2022 Vintner Committee Co-Chair Bill Cary adds, “This year’s vintners and chefs represent some of the biggest names in the wine and culinary industry. Their participation in the 2022 event helps build momentum toward what will be the best and boldest Naples Winter Wine Festival yet.”
Following Friday’s opening festivities, guests will flock to the festival’s main event – Saturday’s famed live auction, featuring some of the most incredible, one-of-a-kind culinary and wine experiences in the world. All proceeds from the live auction will benefit charities that improve the physical, emotional and educational lives of underprivileged and at-risk children in Collier County.
Ticket packages for the 2022 Naples Winter Wine Festival start at $15,000 per couple for a Double Magnum package and $35,000 for two couples for a Jeroboam package. For more information on the 2022 Naples Winter Wine Festival and related news, go to www.NaplesWineFestival.com.
Photo by Peter Falencik